2013년 9월 3일 화요일

First Few Days at KU

The first few days at school have been uneventful. Classes don't really start until next week because of the add/drop period. I think many students don't even come to class this week. Classes have been about 15-30 minutes each, where the professors only introduce themselves and their syllabus. Some professors don't even come to the first class. I'm pretty happy with my schedule. The classes seem interesting, but not too difficult at all. We'll see as the semester progresses...

As I walked onto campus, I met up with my fellow AU-KU friend, Shiloh. We were basically twins today ㅋㅋㅋ:



I think I'm adjusting pretty well to life in Seoul. However, there are still many things that I don't understand. For example, this bell in the bathroom stalls:


What is it? What is it for? I don't get it...Let me know if you do!

After class, a few of the international students in GSIS hung out at Serendipity cafe right across the street from the KU main gate. The cafe is very neat. It has 3 floors and window seats with a wonderful view. I like studying here, but we didn't get much reading done today because we kept getting distracted.

Shiloh and I also went to E-Mart. It's actually quite convenient when I take the 144 bus. The bus system in Seoul is awesome. The buses come every few minutes and they go everywhere. The 144 bus goes directly from the 안암오거리/Anam Circle to the 성가복지병원/sung-ga-bok-jee hospital, where there is an E-mart right by the bus stop. Seoul transportation is absolutely phenomenal compared to the nightmare that the DC metro is. I wish I could switch the transportation systems when I go back to the US, but unfortunately, it'll take more than a miracle to make the DC metro improve.

To end this post on a sweeter note, here is a picture I forgot to post of gelato 빙수/bingsoo/shaved ice with 떡/dduk/rice cake and sweet red beans:


Yum :)

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기