2013년 9월 1일 일요일

배봉산/Baebong Mountain & Killer Mosquitos

Okay. So maybe I'm exaggerating a bit, but mosquitos are crazy here. There was one in my room last night and it feasted on my hands, and only my hands. I don't understand. There are at least 20 small bites on my fingers. This time, I am not exaggerating. I took a picture of the biggest ones:


The bites are swelling. It's absolutely terrible. And the mosquito bites kept coming at 배봉산/Baebong Mountain.

배봉산/Baebong Mountain is not exactly a mountain per say. It's more of a very tall hill. There were quite a few elderly folks there getting their exercise. I went with Shiloh, Dennis, Joe, and Peter from KU. We're all from the US, and Dennis is the only one who is not in the AU-KU Dual Degree Program. Going up, we stopped by this interesting area:


You take your shoes off and walk on these stones. Yes, it is painful, but apparently Koreans believe that walking on these stones are good for your circulation. I don't know if that is true, but it made your feet feel refreshed. After walking on these stones, I once again got eaten alive by mosquitos (yes, I'm exaggerating just a little), but only on my legs and ankles this time.

Here's a picture of us minus Joe:


Me, Shiloh, Dennis, and Peter

The exercise was great. The slope was quite steep and there is a lot of exercise "equipment" throughout the trail. We had quite a bit of fun with the "equipment":


However, we were nothing compared to this intense grandma, who had to be up there in age. We were just playing around compared to her: 


The view from the top of the mountain is beautiful, but unfortunately, the tree is blocking some of it: 


Afterwards, we walked through one of the outdoor markets: 


School starts tomorrow. Wish me luck!

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기